Sunday, April 22, 2012

A delayed post... I wrote in March :)

I have so many things I want to write about but the last few weeks have just been crazy.
And I haven't quite been able to form the thoughts.
So they stay unwritten in my head.

We took an awesome trip to visit my sister and her family. They just moved to a small town outside of St. Louis. We spent a lot of time just hanging out.

We played a lot of Settlers of Catan. I even won one night.
We looked at paint colors and rugs and fabric.
The hubby and I took a date to a really great hot dog place (have I ever expressed how much I love hot dogs? Because I do. They rock my world).
I got a Chicago dog. It rocked my world.
They had an old fashioned soda fountain. With a bunch of flavors.
I tried black cherry and tootsie roll. It tasted exactly like a tootsie roll. Awesome, right?
We did some thrifting. I found a globe for Jackson's room.
Three dollars.
 I was so excited I may have freaked out a little bit.
We also found the most AMAZING antique shop. They had EVERYTHING! Seriously wall to wall of awesome antiques. No pictures though, I left my phone in the car :(
We ate a lot of good food too. My sister made some awesome white chicken chili and homemade pizzas. So good. We went to a place called Ted Drews for custard.
Vanilla custard with hot fudge, bananas, and Recesses.
That flavor combination changed my life.
We came home and bought all of the toppings to enjoy on a regular basis from the comfort of our couch.

Our car broke down this week. I hit something, yada yada yada (please tell me you've seen that Seinfield?) the cars in the shop until who knows when. I was able to stay so calm. What a blessing from the Lord.

Jackson is full on crawling. And fast. He's also full on pulling himself up on stuff. Not sure I am quite ready for that, but it's happening whether I am ready or not. I love watching him learn and grow. It seriously brings so much joy to my heart.

It's Spring here and I could not be happier. Spring in the South is amazing. Absolutely beautiful and perfect. I never want to leave it. So much green. So many blossoms. Such perfect sky. Aw.... All of it is just perfection. It truly makes my heart sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment