Monday, August 30, 2010

Inspired and Motivated

Alright so I have been inspired and motivated.

Inspired to live a happier life

And motivated to just start doing it.

The last few weeks I have organized every closet, drawer, and nook in our home.

I have made endless lists and crossed things off.

I've simplified.

I've cooked more and spent less.

I've enjoyed and treasured the small beautiful moments that make up my everyday life.

We've had so many changes and so many wonderful things going on that have attributed to all of this and I love it!

I've started standing up for myself, (I never do this and I'm not sure why but I always end up hating it afterwards.)

I'm making a routine and a schedule and I've been getting up early.

The biggest change has been my mindset. I'm a high stress, high expectations, cry about it all later kind of girl and that is just not working for me anymore.

Alicia over at A Beautiful Mess (http://weloveiowa.blogspot.com/)posted today about having no expectations. She is a great blogger and is constantly trying to improve herself. I left her the following comment, which then prompted this post....

Hey I've been reading your blog for awhile but I rarely comment, I know lame. Anyways, I've been so inspired and empowered by your last two posts. Especially todays. I think so many of us feel the same way you do but just aren't brave enough to blog about it. My husband lives by the no expectation motto and since we got married, about a year ago, I've been trying to adapt it more into my life. It hasn't been easy for me, I am a high stress, high expectations then teary eyes behind closed doors kind of girl, but it works. My husband is the happiest and calmest person that anyone who knows him knows. He's always content and satisfied with everything, and though sometimes in my high expectation moments it can be a little irritating, I'd say it's a pretty good way to live. So yes, I will join you on your quest, and good luck to the both of us : )

So please join me on the "quest" for lower expectations

(Note: I am so blessed and have a wonderful life so it's not like I'm a miserable person overcoming horrible circumstances, I'm just an everyday girl trying to be better)


No comments:

Post a Comment