Saturday, April 17, 2010

Thrifting and Garage Sales


Ever since I was a little girl I have always loved garage sales and thrift stores. My best shopping has always been done there. I'm not sure who's fault it is or if I just came that way but I love a good yard sale and I love the prices! (I'm cheap though so what do ya expect?!) There is just something about driving down the street and seeing people and junk filling a yard and drive way that just makes my heart pitter patter. I love all the old things, all the things that someone else doesn't want but that I will love, and I love knowing that someone else once loved and used the thing before me. Most of our house is made up of garage sale, Savers, and craigslist finds : ) And I LOVE it!

Today I went garage saleing (that should be a word) with my very wonderful and supportive husband! He doesn't really "get" the whole thing but he was there, bright and early carrying all my finds and telling me to get something if I was unsure. He's so sweet : )

I found some fabulous things today! We are getting a new camera this week! Yay, so pictures will follow shortly.

A cute white table cloth. Cost: $0.50
It fits our table perfectly!

A cookbook called "High Energy Cooking". Cost: $1
I love to cook and am always looking for new but good recipes.

New book called "Family Home". Cost: $1
It's all about having a beautiful and functional home, especially once kids come along. Perfect for our kind of home.

A bunch of silk ties. Cost: $1
I saw a post on another blog about dying Easter eggs using the silk from ties! So darling! We are a little late for it this year but I'm stockin' up for next!

Framed mirror. Cost: $1 (That seems to be the magical number : )
I used to have a frame just like this that I got at an estate sale with my Grammy (I'm seeing a trend here : ) Plus I love mirrors! So I was sold as soon as I saw it!



Wooden letter G: Cost: $0.50
My little baby sister just got engaged (so crazy!), and her new last name will be Garven. I have a monogram on our picture wall that I love so I want to make one for my sister too!

I also got a big box of toys! Cost: $4.00
We don't have kids yet, but I am a nanny and we are aunts and uncles so we really need toys!
(There is a hippo that blows bubbles and a hammer that make boing and ding noises when you hit something with it!)

Wow, what a long post! But I love finding treasures! Have you found any good ones lately? If so, please share : )

1 comment:

  1. great deals! You found a lot of stuff. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my little crib let table.
    gail

    ReplyDelete