Friday, September 17, 2010

The Master Bedroom

Good Morning!
I hope today is going great for all of you.

So I finally took those pictures of our bedroom I've been promising.

I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. The truth is the reason I don't post more about my own projects or our house is because I'm not a good photographer. And I hold all of the spaces in our home so dear that I hate to send them out into the world not looking as special as I think they are. So I apologize for that, but I have recently decided I just needed to toughen up and start practicing. So without further ado here is our "new bedroom"

Enjoy!


This picture is taken from the door, we have a very small and simply layed out space.
I love how soft and airy the room feels.


This is my favorite detail... The sand and the shells are from my nephews, they got them during spring break at the beach.

This picture was actually one of mine and B's engagement pictures. It seamed beachy to me :)


I adore all of these pretty little white starfish, these might actually be my favorite detail :)
I bought them over at Faded Plains, you should check out Andrea's blog and online store! She has great stuff and it's very well priced and she is really sweet and added some fun little details to my package so it was like Christmas morning when I got it in the mail!


This is a little galvanized tin filled with pillows and blankets. The little blue pillow is from Ikea, I think it was maybe $2, and the little heart one is one that I made with some vintage fabric from B's grandma.


This is our $25 craigslist dresser that is PERFECT! I love the bead board cupboard and the shape and size.
Not bad for 25 bucks.


I love this mirror. My grandmother got it from Mexico years ago. I told her I liked it so much growing up that she gave it to me back in high school. I have covered the tiles with who knows how many layers of different paper to match who knows how many different rooms. And then one night lying in bed that underneath all of that paper was gorgeous tiles that would look great in this room. So lots of scraping and scrubbing later, here she is gracing our bedroom.


This old window hang over our bed. I strung wire from each side and hung some pictures.
I had nightmares about the lead paint on this window, but I assure I have scrubbed it and sealed it so I now sleep soundly :)
(Oh and the window was free from my sister who got it for free off craigslist :)

Alright this pillow started it all! I saw it at TJMaxx and wanted it oh so bad but most pillows are just so expensive! It didn't have a price tag but I couldn't resist the shade of blue, the polka dots, the cute little button or the pretty quilting, so I just asked someone who worked there and he said.... $5! That's it, I honestly carried this pillow along with the white and beige striped ones around the house because I loved them so much.

We all have things we adore and for me it was these pillows.

Lastly is my bed skirt. I had been dreaming of the one that Shellagh over at Ticking and Toile has for awhile so I used two $2 bedsheets from Ikea and made one. Definitely interesting process but I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Well that's it. I hope you guys like this room as much as I do, because seriously I adore it! Since we're poor students living in a rental I had no expectation of ever actually loving our house, but I do. I love this room!

Have a great day!

xo Annastacia

Linking to Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Your bedroom looks great! I love the beach theme but also how it has a very soft and romantic feel to the room. Thanks for sharing! I recently redid our master bedroom using the beach theme as well. I'd love to have you come over to my blog and check it out.

    Joy

    http://thriftyparsonageliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks terrific! Love the feel of the room...and the windowframe is wonderful. I have windowframes inside and outside of our home...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bedroom, looks beautiful and calming... exactly what I look for in a room... Love the colours... I have a blue and white bedroom too! Thanks for popping over to see me today. Glad you enjoyed the flowers. Have a great weekend. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous space! The blue and white is so calming, and I love the ocean touches :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Popping over from Perfectly Imperfect.

    My favourite part of your room is the window with the wire running across.

    Isn't it great finding out that something you L.O.V.E is going to be a bargain, like with your blue pillow? You must have been thrilled to bits!

    Have a good weekend!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! love the bedskirt, kindof dreamy looking :) I'm here via Perfectly Imperfect but intend to stay and visit awhile :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad I found your blog! I have been looking to add some "beach" vibe to my master bedroom as well and your room has been inspiring! I love the window pane above the bed, and the little starfish adds just the right touch! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful and soothing...and I love the starfish too! Thanks so much for linking it up last week!! -shaunna :)

    ReplyDelete