I've had a few "everything just clicked and change my world" thoughts lately that I need to share. Send them out into the world so that I don't forget them. So that I can look back on them and grasp their full meaning.
The first was spurred by a comment I made to my husband. he said he'd been on call in a class and he didn't know the answers and he was upset about it. I told him that's why he was in class, to learn the answers. And just as I said it, it clicked in my brain. That life is class. And we're in class, not because we already know the answers, but because we need to learn them. Why do we feel bad when we don't know something, or don't have something figured out. That's what this life is about. It's a process.
Speaking of processes. Everything is a process. We don't ever just get to be done, show up, arrive, and then that's it. My sister and I have been talking about faith. Why it's tried. And it all comes down to it being a process. That we don't just arrive at perfect faith one day and then that's it, no more trials. We go through trials to grow, our faith becomes a little more perfect, and then we go through some more and grow some more. It's a beautiful thing, A little heart wrenching, sobbing endlessly, beautiful thing. I would not change it.
The little man has been having some pretty serious separation anxiety. And I mean bad. Like even when I'm in the same room but not close enough. (Side note, it's pretty awesome to be loved like that.) Well after many a screaming fit and days of nothing getting done and me wanting to scream (I didn't though, and I think that is worth noting.) I was watching little man play and he just wandered off. But if I got up to leave he'd scream and melt down. I was thinking about how unfair this is. How unfair it is that I have to be right where and how he wants me all the time, but he can wander. Then I realized that's how we are with our Heavenly Father. If we feel alone for even a second we lose it. And if He doesn't answer our prayers just how we think He should we lose it. But then we wander away from Him whenever we want. I know I've been wandering and then crying when I didn't feel the Lord's love enough. Speaking of feeling the Lord's love. We have been having some exceptionally beautiful spring weather this week that I am certain was sent just for me. So was the amazing version of "Amazing Grace" that I heard on Sunday. I miss it so often but I love when I can recognize it.




No comments:
Post a Comment