Thursday, February 16, 2012

Makes my heart happy

Just a few random pictures, I've been playing with our camera a lot lately. Just trying to learn how to capture beautiful moments. I'm also working on learning Photoshop. It's seemed so scary and overwhelming for a long time, plus my husband is really good at it, so anytime I needed or wanted something edited or designed I just had him do it. But I have been itching creatively and I think it will open up a lot of outlets for visions that I have. 

My latest obsession. Oatmeal with fruit and honey. Seriously, who knew this stuff was so good?





Fresh fruit.... I need Spring. I'm getting pretty desperate.


Our little Valentine window. Such a happy space. This picture definitely doesn't capture the happiness here. The big red heart is a Valentine from my just barely 5 year old nephew. It makes me heart happy :) 


There are a lot of things that have been making my heart happy lately. 
A couple realizations, aha moments where some complex things seemed just a little more simple. 
I have been really struggling with some personal weaknesses and issues, but my struggle to improve, (which is always a good thing.) turned into an obsession. I was so wrapped up in trying to fix the things about myself that need fixing that I was draining all of the joy out of life. I can't quite put into words the idea that makes sense to me now, but basically it's ok for things to be a little broken. At least for a little while. Fixing things does not need to be all consuming. 

My balsamic glazed pork turned out awesome! Seriously so yummy! I am not great at cooking meat so that makes my heart pretty darn happy.

Zucchini Fritte. 


Holy cow, I don't even know how to explain how good this is. I will dedicate a whole post to how to make it. But it was delicious. Inspired by the Zucchini Fritte at Carrabas, which you can't find a recipe for, trust me I've looked. So I just winged it and the hubby said it was the best thing I've ever made. Which is saying a lot because he thinks I'm a great cook. Warning, if you make this you will feel the need more to eat lots more.

I went to a breastfeeding support group this week. Don't worry no picture of that ;) We've been having some trouble nursing for a little over a month and it was just getting so stressful! I tried to stop nursing for a day, and it was horrible. I don't think everyone has to breastfeed, I really don't, I don't judge any mother for her choices about breastfeeding, but for us, it was not time to stop. So we're working through the difficulties and I am so happy that things are going better. The group was so nice. I got to weigh little man and then nurse him and then weigh him again to see how much he is eating. And it was so so wonderful to be surrounded by women who love being moms and have good breastfeeding advice. It may sound so silly, but I really needed that support. 
If nothing else, a room filled with tiny newborns is never a bad thing :) 

The thing that makes me heart really happy.... The little man.


He's just so sweet and fun! I love watching him learn and grow. I really do! He is one sweet little man and he brings so much happiness with him where ever he goes :)

I don't have a picture of the hubby because he's a little camera shy and he's gone most of the time when I'm playing with the camera. But he does make my heart so very happy! 
One of my best friends is getting married in April and as we've been talking about all things engagement and wedding planning details, and it's had me thinking about our own wedding day. It was definitely perfect and beautiful and oh so meaningful, but that day means more to me now, then it did then. Because we're so much more in love. We hadn't even scratched the surface of knowing each other and our lives being so intertwined as we have now. And I am sure in 50 years we'll look back and think the same thing about our marriage now. But I love the change and the growth. As B was leaving for school the other day he came and kissed me and told me he loved me, and I'm not gonna lie I was going to the bathroom. And I laughed out loud and said, "this is true love!" I love how real it is but yet how beautiful and special our marriage is. 

"Cherish your spouse as the greatest possession of your life and treat him or her accordingly. Make it your constant goal to add to the happiness and comfort of your companion. Never permit yourself to let down your affection, or your respect, or your faith in one another. Be excellent in ever way."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

This is the man who said that and his wife. Look how in love they are, so happy with each other. I love the way he is looking at her. 




I carry this quote in my wallet. I don't think on it often enough. What an eloquent reminder of how we should love our spouse. I'm going to make an effort this week to really practice the advice :) 

What has made your heart happy this week? 







No comments:

Post a Comment