Sunday, January 22, 2012

Adding a little broth


I made chicken noodle soup today. 
It is quite possibly my favorite food. 
It always feel so wholesome to me.


As I was stirring it and letting it simmer things started looking a little too cramped, too mushy. 
So I added more broth. Problem solved.
It got me thinking about when I feel too cramped, too mushy, too busy, too "fill in here with any negative emotion", that all I need to do is add some broth. 

So my broth this week is going to be going to the library. I'm looking for a good novel, I haven't read a novel in years. Maybe a parenting book and definitely a cookbook. 

It's going to be making a homemade meal every night because it feels good and I like how it tastes. 

It's going to be a lot of half done projects sitting around. It's going to be projects that were never even started. It's going to be projects that never even get thought up :)

It's going to be more meaningful time with my husband in the evenings. which means less laptops and TV and more cuddling and laughing.

It's going to be more time with my son that isn't rushed. And if that means lying on the floor while he drools on me and sucks on my arm than dang it I'll do it :)

It's going to be less guilt and frustration about motherhood. 

It's going to be taking a walk and mailing a card to a friend. 

What would you do to add some "broth" to your life?


No comments:

Post a Comment