So a few days ago Kelle from Enjoying the Small Things blogged about those moments of motherhood when you say to yourself "I've got this." Those moments when you know that you were divinely made to be a mother, and not just any mother, but your little one's mother.
Those days and moments when you are handling everything just the way you want to. They are rare around here, but I sure love it when they come.
Today was an "I've got this" kind of day.
I needed a day like that and it felt good.
I got a lot done around the house, laundry, cleaning, cooking.
I can not wait to get into my freshly washed and made bed, boo yah.
I also made a birthday card and present for my sweet friend who's birthday is tomorrow. We have some serious birthday celebrating-Goodwill thrifting-lunch eating plans, and I can't wait.
Here's the card I made for her. I'm on a "wish" birthday card kick right now. It's just so perfect and simple. One word that expresses everything a birthday should be.
I made her some brown sugar vanilla body scrub. Delicious! It smells so good I want to eat it!
I'm wack, I know.
I played around a lot today with snapping some pictures. These ones below are just from my iphone instagram app, but that thing is just so dang convenient it's a hard sell to get out the big camera.
I wanted to share a few things from around my house that are making me happy right now. It's so easy to get caught up in how beautiful everyone else's houses are and forget about what we love most about our own home.
I found these gorgeous aqua mason jars at Goodwill one time for $2 each! Killer deal, I felt like I was practically stealing them! (Side story I almost only bought one, I have NO idea why I would have done that, but thank goodness my dear friend was with me and convinced me to buy all three!) They are gorgeous, look perfect in my living room and are making me happy right now.
I found this super cool vintage California license plate at a yard sale for $1. I love it and it looks great in Jacks room.
This is making me happy right now
These are the paint colors I am thinking about for our chairs....
Any thoughts on them?
They are making me happy right now, just sitting there in the windowsill looking so pretty and perfectly turquoise.
And I couldn't talk about things making me happy without a picture of the little man now could I?
This blog may not be about him, but my life sure is.
He's so stinkin cute and fun, I just love his personality!
Surely mine is not the only heart melting right now :)




No comments:
Post a Comment