Sunday, January 8, 2012

What I love about Sunday

Happy Sunday to you!

Hope your day has been as relaxed and joy filled as mine. It started out a little rough when the little dude woke up earlier than he should have because he won't sleep if there's poop in his diaper (TMI I know, but seriously this kid is advanced) and then didn't go back to sleep. He spent much of the morning crying at me while I got ready for church, got him ready for church, tried to eat breakfast which consisted of a glass of milk and then got him in the car, all before 9am.

Note: this picture was not taken of the little man this morning, there were far too many  tears for that kind of shenanigans

Wow that's a ramble and it's not even interesting.

 Fast forward a little bit, had an awesome lesson in church about making good choices that positively affect others. Great take on that I'd never thought of, it inspired me. Wrestled with the little dude through the rest of church. It's amazing how the Lord blesses me with His spirit even when I can't really listen or pay attention, I just love that.

Dish tower courtesy of the hubby, he's such a kid at heart.

Little man fell asleep in the car, brought him in for a nap. O.K. we bought a black out shade two days ago for his room. That thing has paid for itself already. Three words- three hour nap. Yes ma'm, thank you very much!
Spent the afternoon with the hubby and then my sister and her kids came over. I'm a very biased and adoring aunt but they are just straight cute. My four year old nephew didn't really want to eat the dinner I cooked. I told him it hurt my feelings. He said he would still eat it. I asked him if he liked it. He said not really. I love how he taught me a little bit about "sucking it up" even if you don't like something.

Recipe found here...



He may not have liked dinner but I sure liked it. Honey Sauce Chicken. I basically love anything that you can make in a crock pot. Super easy and super yummy, plus hardly any clean up, that's my kind of meal.

I love hanging out with my sister and her family. They are just plain awesome.

Today was filled with little man smiles, hugs and cuddles, my feet propped up on the exercise ball (not actually used for exercise), cupcakes, colorful mixing bowls, winks from the hubby, and chocolate smeared hand prints.


I will take that every day :)



No comments:

Post a Comment